Behavioural Disorders in Children
All young children can be mischievous, wicked and impulsive, which is perfectly normal. However, some children have extremely difficult and challenging behaviours that are outside the norm for their age. For some children, such behaviour difficulties become a pattern that can include acting impulsively, reacting with aggression, refusing to follow reasonable directions, and defying adult authority.
These behaviour difficulties interfere with children’s social and academic development and can have serious consequences on their mental health.
Children with behavioural disorders show the following signs:
- Anger: They are extremely angry, beyond their age, over normal issues or under normal circumstances.
- Hyperactivity: Kids who are overactive move their bodies many times and the brain slows down its functioning.
- Tamper-Tantrum: From whining & crying to screaming, hitting, kicking, & breath holding.
- Rule Breaking: Rebellion behaviour that seeks attention by not doing what is asked to.
- Conduct-related issues: Serious behaviour like bullying, threatening others, being cruel, stealing or having destructive thoughts that raise alarm among parents, friends and teachers.
- School refusal: Refuses to go to school, to even leave the house. Throws tantrums, meltdowns, being loud or screaming.
It is important to understand what’s normal and what’s out of space. Children start to act to cope-up with any sort of stress. Parents must observe their behaviour closely and support them during stressful times like exam failures, the death of someone in the family, and bitter arguments. If the behaviour doesn’t improve, parents must seek professional help to understand the condition.
Commonly known disruptive behaviour disorders in children include
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD): Stubborn, rebellious, and hostile toward friends, parents, and teachers. Arguing a lot with elders shows aggressive behaviour.
- Conduct disorder (CD): Children with conduct disorder find it difficult to follow rules and are unable to behave in a socially acceptable way. Their behaviour gets aggressive, deceitful, or destructive.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Negligence, daydreaming, impulsivity, hyperactivity moves a body a lot, trouble sitting still or following directions.
Behavioural disorder treatment in Ludhiana Punjab India – MindPlus
At MindPlus we offer comprehensive behavioural disorder treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab India. With an experience of over three decades in this field, we are able to offer unmatched, evidence-based treatment for a behavioural disorder. You can follow us for more details.