The Staff nurse/ male staff is responsible for the complete nursing care of the patients.
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements and daily activities for assigned patients.
- To promote a patient-focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant health professionals.
- Administering medication and adhering to hospital medicine policy.
- To prepare patient files for doctors’ rounds.
- To provide information that enables patients to make choices about adopting a more healthy lifestyle.
- To complete patient documentation correctly.
- To be aware of personal responsibilities in relation to the maintenance of a safe environment and identification of potential risks for all personnel, patients, and visitors.
- To ensure patient confidentiality.
- Assist in visiting patients at home, and on outings.
- Building relationships by reassuring, listening, and talking to patients.
- Writing and updating patient records.
- To ensure proper observation of the assigned patient which includes behavior, medical complaint, and risk identification.
- To assist in checking laundry and dietary services.
- To check laundry and dietary services.
- Handing over and taking charge of shift through written documentation, focusing on patient’s behavior, medical complaint, and any risk identified.